It's Time for a Family Picnic!
Did you know August is National Family Fun month? One of our favorite ways to spend time with our families is to have a picnic at a local park or beach. While packing a picnic basket can seem daunting, it doesn’t have to be a chore. Here are some tasty meal ideas from our family to yours.
Turkey Avocado Sprout Club Sandwich (serves four)
- 12 slices of Milton’s Original Multi-Grain Bread
- One 16-ounce package of turkey deli meat
- Two ripe avocados, mashed
- One teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- One bunch of radishes
- Two ounces of alfalfa sprout
- Eight ounces of goat cheese
Toast bread, combine mashed avocados with salt to taste then spread over eight pieces of toast. Top with turkey, radishes and sprouts. Crumble goat cheese over sprouts. Stack sandwiches together so that each sandwich has two pieces of bread and layers of avocado, radish, sprouts and goat cheese. Top with remaining four slices of toasted bread. Cut in half before serving.
Crackers and Dip
- Create a zesty blend of sweet corn, black bean, and red pepper salsa, with chopped onion and jalapeño for an extra kick, and serve with our Cheddar Cheese Gluten Free Baked Crackers.
- Combine cream cheese, chopped artichokes, roasted sweet red peppers and green onions, and serve with our Everything Gluten Free Baked Crackers.
- Mash two avocados and mix in diced red peppers for a new twist on guacamole and serve with our Crispy Sea Salt Gluten Free Baked Crackers.
Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
Indulge without spending time baking (and heating up your kitchen) by picking up a box of our Gluten Free Soft Baked Cookies in one of the three delicious and irresistible flavor combinations: Snickerdoodle, Double Chocolate and Chocolate Chip.